Air fresheners are a common staple in the American household. Homeowners often reach for aerosol sprays to cover unappealing scents in their house or as the final step after a deep clean. Air fresheners can come in many different scents and forms, but they all have one thing in common: they’re terrible for your indoor air quality.
We understand that air fresheners are a quick and easy solution to improving your home’s smell, but keep in mind that maintaining clean, non-toxic indoor air will be better for your health in the long run.
Why is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Americans spend the majority of their time indoors and away from fresh air. We all look forward to the first breath of relief after a long day of work or school, but have you ever considered if the air you’re breathing is of good quality?
Managing indoor air quality should be a priority for all households, especially those with pets, young children, allergies, or respiratory conditions. If contaminants and chemicals from air fresheners tarnish your indoor air, it can affect yourself and the members of your household more than you think.
While we urge you to avoid the fragrance aisle the next time you visit the grocery store, that doesn’t mean your home is doomed to unpleasant odors. You can utilize many safe scent alternatives in your home to keep it smelling fresh and clean.
- Wash (Kanberra Soap diluted 1/10) and Spray (Kanberra Spray) kitchen cabinet handles and doors.
- Air duct Cleaning (Call Indoor Air Professionals for free estimate at 800-683-0021) Breathe cleaner air with 16 oz or 32 oz Kanberra Gel inside the furnace handler.
- Wash pet beds, exercise clothes, dish towels, etc. with Kanberra Laundry Additive to remove tough odors
- Spray the inside of gym bags, shoes, hats, helmets, and masks with Kanberra Spray.
- Put Kanberra Gel jars in every room of the house, car, office, boat, and RV to clean the air 24/7.
- Start a Kanberra Gel Refill subscription and never be caught with empty jars.
- Wash dogs/pets with Kanberra Soap (*not cats...they will scratch you.)
Add a Diffuser with a few drops of Kanberra Essential Tea Tree Oil to rooms you spend the most time in to alleviate allergies and breathe easier.
Other Tips For Fresh Indoor Air:
If you just can’t seem to rid your home of its stink or poor indoor air quality, don’t feel discouraged! There are various solutions that you can implement to take control of your home’s air, such as:
-Letting Fresh Air In: What better way to rid your home of unwanted air than allowing fresh air inside? Proper ventilation can help push lingering smells and contaminants out of your home and pull clean air inside. Don’t be afraid to prop open a door or window for a fresh gust of air.
- Find the Source: If there’s a stubborn stink in your home, it’s best to locate the source of the issue to resolve it quickly. Unpleasant odor sources may include pet stains, a clogged sink drain, or possibly mildew. If you can track down the root cause of the smell and eliminate it, you won’t need to worry about masking the scent.
- Invest in Air Filtering Plants: Nature is man’s best friend, even inside your home! Picking up a few plants or pieces of greenery can help filter harmful particles in your home’s air and maintain a comfortable atmosphere.